British Native Wildflower seeds - Flowering Lawn Mix - 2g
Transform your lawn, or at least part of it!, into a beautiful wild flower meadow. This mix contains nine specially selected species which do particularly well in lawns and will attract bees, butterflies and other beneficial insects to your garden. Have a break from summer mowing, sit back and admire British nature at its best!
One 2g packet will cover 1 sq m.
RHS Plants for Pollinators.
The RHS Plants for Pollinators mark is only given to plants that support pollinating insects. Find out more at rhs.org.uk/plantsforpollinators
Galium verum - Lady's Bedstraw
Leontodon hispidus - Rough Hawkbit
Leucanthemum vulgare - Oxeye Daisy
Lotus corniculatus - Birdsfoot Trefoil
Primula veris - Cowslip
Prunella vulgaris - Selfheal
Ranunculus acris - Meadow Buttercup
Rumex acetosa - Common Sorrel
Trifolium pratense - Wild Red Clover
Sow in autumn or early spring at a rate of 1g/m2.
Prepare the ground
• Mow grass very short
• Remove perennial weeds
• Thin grass and create some bare patches/strips by raking or with organic weedkiller
• Seed can be mixed with dry sand or compost to make it easier to sow evenly
• Roll or tread by foot to press seeds into the soil
• In very dry weather, water the area with a fine spray
• Remove any obvious weeds as they appear
• Keep area well watered in dry weather
• Do not mow from spring to early autumn until plants have set seed. Mow as normal until early spring when new plants will emerge.