A mix of annual wildflowers some of which are now declining in numbers in the wild in the UK. The classic red poppies in this mixture contrast beautifully with blue cornflowers and pink corn cockles against a background of white and yellow flowers. The mix contains 5 species and all the seed is bred in the UK. 100% of the species in this mix are approved RHS Plants for Pollinators.
One 2g packet will cover 1 sq m.
RHS Plants for Pollinators.
The RHS Plants for Pollinators mark is only given to plants that support pollinating insects. Find out more at rhs.org.uk/plantsforpollinators
Agrostemma githago - Corn Cockle
Anthemis arvensis - Corn Chamomile
Centaurea cyanus - Cornflower
Chrysanthemum segetum - Corn Marigold
Papaver rhoeas - Common Poppy
Sow in autumn or early spring at a rate of 2g/m2.
Prepare the ground
• Clear all plant matter by digging and/or using organic weedkiller
• Rake soil to a fine texture and firm down
• Leave for a few weeks and remove any new weed seedlings
• Seed can be mixed with dry sand or compost to make it easier to sow evenly
• Roll or tread by foot to press seeds into the soil
• In very dry weather, water the area with a fine spray
• Remove any obvious weeds as they appear
• Keep area well watered in dry weather
• Clear area of plants in early autumn after they have shed seed, remove any weeds, rake and firm the soil. New plants will emerge in spring.