Annual Flower Seed Mix - Sunshine - 3g
Cheerful blend of 22 annual flowers in a range of bright, summery colours with both British native and non native species. Contains many nectar rich flowers for bees & butterflies. Very easy to grow. Direct sow outdoors in early spring for a beautiful display all summer long.
64% the species in this mixture have been awarded the Plants For Pollinators mark by the RHS.
RHS Plants for Pollinators. The RHS Plants for Pollinators mark is only given to plants that support pollinating insects. Find out more at rhs.org.uk/plantsforpollinators
3g covers 1m2.
Species*: Poppy, Cosmos, Centaurea, Lupin, Gypsophila, Amaranthus, Chrysanthemum, Kocmia, Coreopsis, Zinnia, Nigella and many others.
* Species may vary according to seasonal availability.
Sow in autumn or early spring at a rate of 3g/m2.
Prepare the ground
- Clear all plant matter by digging and/or using weedkiller
- Rake soil to a fine texture and firm down
- Leave for a few weeks and remove any new weed seedlings
- Seed can be mixed with dry sand or compost to make it easier to sow evenly
- Press seeds very lightly into the soil
- In very dry weather, water the area with a fine spray
- Remove any obvious weeds as they appear
- Keep area well watered in dry weather
- Clear area of plants in early autumn after they have shed seed, remove any weeds, rake and firm the soil. New plants will emerge in spring.