A mix of annual wildflowers some of which are now declining in numbers in the wild in the UK. The classic red poppies in this mixture contrast beautifully with blue cornflowers and pink corn cockles against a background of white and yellow flowers. The mix contains 9 species and all the seed is bred in the UK.
One 2g packet will cover 1 sq m.
Agrostemma githago - Corn Cockle
Anagallis arvensis - Scarlet Pimpernel
Anthemis austriaca - Corn Chamomile
Bupleurum rotundifolium - Thorow-Wax
Centaurea cyanus - Cornflower
Chrysanthemum segetum - Corn Marigold
Papaver rhoeas - Common Poppy
Ranunculus arvensis - Corn Buttercup
Silene noctiflora - Night Flowering Catchfly
Sow in autumn or early spring at a rate of 2g/m2.
Prepare the ground
• Clear all plant matter by digging and/or using glyphosate weedkiller
• Rake soil to a fine texture and firm down
• Leave for a few weeks and remove any new weed seedlings
• Seed can be mixed with dry sand or compost to make it easier to sow evenly
• Roll or tread by foot to press seeds into the soil
• In very dry weather, water the area with a fine spray
• Remove any obvious weeds as they appear
• Keep area well watered in dry weather
• Clear area of plants in early autumn after they have shed seed, remove any weeds, rake and firm the soil. New plants will emerge in spring.